Thursday, 19 November 2015

"A sweet friendship refreshes the soul."

Can it really be that I have had a whole year to get used to the idea of being 40?  I am sticking to my 'stop-saying-no-to-things-just-because-they-make-you-nervous' resolution, which was my turning 40 present to myself.  Admittedly it did result in a broken wrist after a brave attempt to go roller skating with the kids, but then I got to have the new experience of being in plaster, which I had avoided until I hit 40.  So every cloud, and all that...

One of my loveliest friends (they are all lovely...I am lucky) sent me a handmade present for my 40th, which I love.  It was one of the reasons I was looking forward to Autumn this year, so I could fetch it out again.  It's a cowl shape, and makes my scruffy old denim jacket look much more presentable.  She was kind enough to give me the left over wool (a sign of true crafting friendship!!!) and I have had it stashed away until I had the time to think of how to use it.




Gorgeous colours!  I'm thinking of lots of little granny squares... All linked together with that dark green... I am in my happy place... back soon.  Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a message: